Friday, February 19, 2010

The story has nothing to do with the pictures. Just so you know.

Last night at about 11 pm (or sometime between the final round of the women's half pipe and the cutaway to the men's figure skating final, already in progress), the following came from Mallory's bedroom: "Daaaaaaaaddy! I have to go poo!"
Since Daddy was nowhere in the vicinity, I was the one who took care of things. It cracked me up, big time. I have had kids wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee, but I've never seen sleep interrupted for #2. Until now, of course.I think we are just about ready to ditch the overnight diapers for Mallory. She is generally waking up dry. There have been a few misses, but sometimes I think she goes just because she can. One wet bed should take care of that. We'll probably finish up the current pack and then see how she does without. It's been a nice change of pace to go from hauling stinky, soggy diapers out in the trash every morning, to dry diapers that can actually stay in the bathroom garbage for a couple of days without offending. But it will be better still to be done with them altogether.

1 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

it's funny you should be talking about this, as I had a post on my blog on Friday about bathroom habits, and yesterday (Saturday) I had a you tube video that will have the kids laughing, and well I guess the adults laughing about being "gassy). Okay I admit, I was in tears laughing at it.

Gill in Southern Ontario