Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thursday morning musings

I know, I know, it's only Wednesday. I know this all too well, because I have a weekly Wednesday morning operations meeting and the early part of the day is always a flurry to prepare for it. But it feels like it should be Thursday and I blame that on Lost moving from the Wednesday night timeslot it held for 5 years back to Tuesdays.

I am really disappointed in this season so far. In fact I spent half of last night's show web surfing because it just wasn't grabbing me. I have always hoped that the show would go out with a bang, not a whimper, but I am not getting good vibes right now. The whole 'parallel universes' thing is not nearly as shocking and fun as the flash forwards were, the idea of the man in black possessing others' bodies (Claire? Christian Shephard?) is kind of odd and the further things go down this track, the more I fear all the great mysteries of years past will never be resolved. (Who is the real bad guy: Widmore or Ben? Why did the Others kidnap Walt off the raft at the end of season 1? And so on and so forth.)

I was able to web surf during the show because after many hours of troubleshooting, I finally resolved the router issues we were having (namely, that it was no longer recognizing our password, despite the fact that the password hadn't been changed from the default.) I was ready to call the Geek Squad or some such service in to fix things but I think we are back on track now. You know me - I don't like being without my technology!

Mallory's favourite new saying is "Oh my gosh!" It is so funny to hear her say that. I cannot believe she is almost 3. I have been thinking a lot about doing some birthday pictures for her this year, which I didn't really do last year, and I have some ideas up my sleeve that I am very excited to try out. Now I just have to wait 2 months to do them. I have been taking a bit of a break from my camera for the past few weeks (burnt out a bit by last year's P365 perhaps?) but am excited by the prospect of longer days and more light to start playing with it again.

Liam was inundated with valentines at school yesterday, and today the kids have a party at Cindy's house. No doubt more will be coming home with both of them tonight.

We got six inches of snow overnight and it's supposed to last through the weekend. I have a feeling our sledding hill will be getting a workout again come Saturday afternoon. That is, if I can tear myself away from the Olympics on TV. There's something about the Olympics that call me like a moth to a flame - suddenly turning the final run of the men's double luge into the most riveting event ever.

Dawn and my sister Steph are both in Florida right now and would you believe that they ran into each other at the Magic Kingdom yesterday? It's a small world after all.

1 comments:

megan said...

How weird is that? It is a small world.

Hey is the Cook Hill open to the public?