Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why don't they make them like this anymore?

My work week got mixed up a bit when I was pulled offsite to work on something that wasn't what I thought I was going to be working on this week.

Thus the lack of time.

Instead of a long rambly post, enjoy this 1956 Disney classic. I *LOVE* this cartoon. Chad is going to scoff when he reads that, because this song was on the sing-a-long channel ad nauseum when we were in Disney last summer, and I thought I would go crazy if I heard it one more time. But the kids borrowed a DVD of Disney shorts from the library over the weekend, and it included this little gem. I must have watched it twenty times. I love the mod 50s-era house, the gratuitous use of Indians as bad guys, the girl who must be saved, the works. And now I think the song is incredibly catchy and sweet. I went so far as to search Art.com for a still, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to stay glued to YouTube for the time being.

(I need to catch a video of Mal singing this before she moves onto something else!)

1 comments:

megan said...

Rub it in Cook...we will never go to Disney because we spent all the vacation money so that Evie dosen't look like Austin Powers when she grows up.