Saturday, April 08, 2006

Much ado about eating

Liam is now about 98% off of baby food. He still gets infant cereal for breakfast, but for the rest of the day he chows down on normal stuff; last night he tucked into a piece of maple-bbq salmon pretty happily. Cindy is positively astonished at how much he eats. She will feed him his snack until she is sure he's full, but then if he sees her get anything else out for the rest of the kids, he hollers until he gets some of that, too. He doesn't eat much dinner on the nights he comes home from daycare (here he is offering the remains to Captain, who is only too happy to finish the job), and I think it's because he is just so determined to not miss out on anything at her house that he stuffs himself. She has said that when she feeds him his morning snack, which usually consists of fruit and yogurt and Cheerios and milk, he will often demand a second carton of yogurt. (His morning snack at home is pretty much the same, though I've never even thought to offer him a second carton of yogurt; and I am pretty sure I am not starving him!) He then goes on to a multi-course lunch and another big afternoon snack. I fear that he is eating her out of house and home and that she will be raising her rates on us soon as a result. I am hoping that his birthday cake goes over well next week; you never know, he might be a little stinker who refuses to get his hands dirty (I'm having whipped cream flashbacks here) or who (gasp!) wrinkles his nose at chocolate...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see Liam has the Roberts appetite.