Tuesday, April 04, 2006

No, we're not related

The subject of Daniel Cook came up twice today, so I had to mention it here. There is a preschooler's TV show on TVO and other worthy TV stations called This Is Daniel Cook. Daniel started the gig when he was just six years old, and I believe he's in his third season already; I imagine his college tuition is already paid for. Daniel is a little redheaded boy who goes about learning things and seeing things and doing things with TV crews following him. On a recent episode we watched, we saw Daniel Cook learning how maple syrup is made, snowshoeing, and taking a dogsled ride. Sounds like quite the life for young Daniel.I'm often asked if I've ever seen the show, and it happened twice today. When I went to collect Liam from Cindy after work and she posed that question, she told me that the kids had been asking what Liam's last name was today, and as soon as she said Cook, they all started excitedly talking about Daniel Cook and assumed that Daniel must be Liam's big brother, seeing as that they look alike and have the same last name and all. Cindy thought it was a hoot. So did I, though my hoot-iness was tempered by a twinge of regret that I hadn't conceived of this TV series first; then Liam could go out to work, and I could stay home in my jammies. Unfortch for Liam, his life is not all roses like wee Daniel's. Here he is just a couple of hours ago with a big fat bruise across his forehead, from when he took a digger this morning. Tomorrow morning I guarantee you he will have another one above the other eyebrow, as he took a couple more spills tonight. It must be said here that it's the kiddo's own fault: no longer content to practise walking with his hippo, he has now started practising walking with everything, especially preferring this bulldozer to get the job done. Seeing as the bulldozer is all of six inches off the ground, Liam running around supported by it puts him at a pitch that is precarious at best. Right about now, I'm thankful that we went with the vinyl tile instead of ceramic.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Too funny! I always thought that in the back of my mind he reminded me of him! Red hair, COOK and all.......