Monday, August 28, 2006

As promised

Got my cards back today with my photos from the weekend. I'm a bit disappointed - taking photos on the fly is hard, hard, hard. Setting up shots = much better results. At least, for me. I like being able to wrangle people into a position I think would be cool, rather than working around them!Maybe you'll recognize a few of these contestants. This was the station I spent most of my time at - The Animal House in Wallaceburg. Contestants came into the store (not given away by name - they were simply told to find a place named after a Jim Belushi movie) and drew a card that had either a puppy, a snake, or a question mark on it. The store owner got to decide what the question mark would be and went with a flying squirrel named Shirley. (Who names a squirrel Shirley? - I digress.) You'd think the women would be afraid of the snake - a ball python that was much more menacing when stretched out than it appears here curled up into a little ball - but really, it was mostly the men being afraid of the squirrel that made things funny. The contestants had to hold the animal and get into position for a photo. Then they were off and running to the fire hall down the street, to grab either a hose or an extinguisher and take aim... This is the very first event of the day - contestants had to put together a jigsaw puzzle (without the box to go by) and flip it over to reveal their first clue on the back. Chad took on the task of assembling all 30 puzzles in advance (100 pieces each) and I helped him write the clue on the back. It took forever.

Hmm - the photo feature seems to be having problems again... guess that will have to do for now...

As for me, I was back in the office today, choosing to work one day this week in order to preserve a potential sick day for Liam for the coming months. I unexpectedly took a day off last week and thought I had better start preserving my personal days as a result. We are busy for the rest of the week so today was my only option. I guess there are no spur of the moment road trips in store for us this week after all - vacation time gets eaten up way too quickly!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

your shots are great! Can't wait to see more!! SOunds like that race was a BLAST!! Would have been right up my alley!

Also, I think the photo option is down more than it's up! I use photobucket to host most of the time because I get frustrated!