Sunday, October 01, 2006

Bone weary

This was the kind of weekend that leaves you exhausted and almost looking forward to going back to work by Sunday night, for the mere opportunity to sit still for 8 consecutive hours the next day if nothing else. OK, maybe that's a stretch, but it has been a busy weekend. Lots of little things accomplished around the house and out and about, and lots of fun had too. These pictures were taken this afternoon at our local cornfield maze. This being the second year we have gone, I suppose it is now an annual thing. This year Liam made it through the first part of the maze on his own, but not without slipping and falling in the mud several times, which upset him to no end - have I mentioned how much he dislikes getting dirty? He was also long overdue for a nap so the energy burst didn't last long and he was back in his stroller for the remainder of the maze. He did perk up when we came out - maybe it was the change of scenery that did it, after all that corn? - and he enjoyed some of the other on-site attractions, like this, um... cow barrel??
In addition to the cornfield maze, we also spent a morning doing a family run around the creek on the south side of town; Chad is training for a half marathon, I am just trying to stay in shape and Liam was in it for the ducks and multitude of dogs walking the paths. Chad and I also admire a house that backs onto the paths, so I like to go spy and make sure that if it ever goes on the market, we'll be aware of it. :)

I was planning to skip my class tomorrow night and take it easy, but my professor has asked me to talk to him in person tomorrow to finalize the end-of-term project I'm doing. I guess it will be worth it to drive down this once if it still means skipping a bunch of group meetings down the road. I just hope I can make it home without throwing up.

October 1 - break out the Halloween holiday wear!

5 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

let's try this comment feature again, shall we?? it keeps sending mid statement....grrrrr

Could that one on the "cow barrel" (what????) be any cuter!!!! Love IT!!!!! and I totally hear you about sitting at work, at a desk, being a relaxing experience! LOL! I had N&G to myself all weekend while Eric worked, and I am TIRED!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Car..........

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you have an Aunt in the business. Let me know what you're looking for - it worked the first time.

megan said...

Hey Carrie,
I am at an out of office, office today and don't have your email address with me. So to answer your ? Old Navy has adult apron costumes this year but they suck! You can either borrow mine again or I can ask a girl at work who got the pumpkin one last year. Other than that I have a pig, lepoard, and various witch stuff.