Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Liam Hates Halloween

On the weekend, while the weather was good and it was daylight outside, I tried to get Liam into his Halloween costume to take a few pictures. I thought this would also give the dude a chance to get used to his costume before the actual day of. Wellll... it didn't go so well. Proof to the left. I don't know how we are going to get through a full day of this (a day at Cindy's and a night of trick-or-treating/handing out on the 31st), but you can bet that with a pricey costume well-chosen months in advance... I am not willing to give up without a fight. If I let him strip off the hood, he does much better (and he actually quite likes the giant feet); it's just that he doesn't look so much like a frog anymore without the big googly eyes.

Surprisingly, I saw none of this coming. After last year's total complacency I thought Liam would be a Halloween-lover like me. However, looking back, I suppose it was foolish to think it would be so easy; after all, let's remember that Liam Hates Easter: And also, we have evidence that Liam Hates Christmas:
(Holy crap, look at that hair!)

Who knows, I may wind up becoming a Halloween-hater myself. That costume I ordered? Not even close to fitting. One size, my ass. Even without a growing belly, it wouldn't have fit. I have one more idea up my sleeve but if it doesn't work... that's it... no more getting in the spirit of things for me.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I must be part evil, I always love the crying photos!