Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boo-ya!!

Is it just me, or does Halloween seem like a bit of a non-event this year, just when I was getting into the thick of things? At work our company was just spun off from its parent, and the new name was unveiled with much pomp and cake on Monday. For as long as I've been here, there has always been a Halloween reception and costume competition in the cafeteria during the workday; this is the first year it hasn't happened. Maybe because of the cake'n'break yesterday, and reluctance on the part of management to coddle us too much.

Still, we have to keep it up for Liam's sake. Cindy did her part at daycare yesterday, with a day full of ring-around-the-ghostie, costumes and treat bags (which, yes, Chad and I pilfered last night). At home we did the pumpkin carving after dinner - my creation is the boring old jack that probably looks more like Liam's handiwork; Chad is the one who decided that Liam's name deserves to be in lights. I don't know how everyone manages to carve such masterpieces - the walls of our pumpkins were 3" thick and I resorted to stabbing out my face. Today, Liam will be taking it easy at Cindy's prior to tonight's festivities, when I will wrestle him into his frog costume one last time and throw on my own for its debut. We only have one stop planned on the trick-or-treat circuit, at a friend's who does a big display in her yard each year. Then we'll be home for the rest of the night to hand out.

Happy Halloween, everyone... the Christmas decor comes out on the weekend. :)

ETA: Now I hear the company party isn't happening because nobody on the executive was available to sponsor it, but that someone has already stepped up for next year's event. Don't they know I won't be here then???

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love Chad's creation!!!!!!! We didn't carve this year and I resent it now.........
A+++++!!!!!!

The Robiltons said...

I usually do exactly the same face that you did this year: round eyes, triangle nose, toothy grin. I mixed it up a bit this year, as you'll soon see.