Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Frump

Today I finally dug out some maternity pants to wear to work since my professional wardrobe is quickly becoming too tight. I don't know what's happened since the last time I wore them, but they fit terribly. They are about two inches too short for starters - how did that happen? I might not be as skinny as I was the first time I wore them, but I am pretty sure I have not gained any height. *sigh* They are also a glaring reminder that I need to find the dressy boots that I have been putting off buying for too long. The flat shoes I am wearing (which also don't coordinate all that well) make me feel like I have clown feet right now. I feel pretty ridiculous and am trying to spend most of the day hiding behind my desk. On our way through Windsor this weekend, I see a stop at Motherhood in the cards.

I made it to class last night despite having a ton of work to do to get ready for a presentation today... last night was class #6 and it was only my 3rd attendance. Not great, right? The class has about 30 students, and there were only 12 of us there last night. Evidently, I am not the only one prone to skipping, and I feel a lot less pressure to attend going forward now. In fact, I am already declaring next Monday to be Pumpkin Carving Night. I am not going anywhere!! (For what it's worth, I took my laptop to class and managed to make some progress on the presentation while a team of students did a presentation about the marketing of Harlequin romance novels. Multitasking at its finest.)

Another snap from the weekend is going to have to do for today and maybe for tomorrow too... I have book club tonight. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another. Lucky for me the selection for this month is The Kite Runner - a book that I read last year, and was able to dig out to refresh myself on quickly. I LOVED this book so I am looking forward to tonight. The great thing about book club is that it's at a little cafe just 5 minutes away from us. We drink hot chocolate, talk for an hour, and that's it. It's low pressure and short and to the point... exactly what I need on days like today when I am feeling a little overextended.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I must say that I am READY for a belly shot!! Maybe with a little pumpkin..........you always were so creative with Liam's pregnancy! Come on Carrie, give your viewers what they want!!

LOL! Have fun at your book club tonight and YAY for maternity clothes!