Monday, January 08, 2007

29 weeks

Liam took matters into his own hands last night and moved himself out of the nursery. After brushing his teeth, he went into the new room, rummaged around in a bin for a book, and then climbed into bed. I took it to mean that he wanted to sleep there, and he did. After reading the book, I turned out the light and that was it - we didn't hear from him again until this morning. I can't believe it will always be so easy to put him to bed and have him stay in bed, but I am going to try to make some progress on getting the rest of his stuff moved into the new room this week. I am also going to start a more serious search for a duvet cover. I am thinking red chambray, but have only seen them at Pottery Barn and am not sure I want to pay Pottery Barn prices for yet more bedding.

Otherwise, I have 85 emails to catch up on at work. I had been dreading coming back to work - it's hard to get motivated to be involved when you have one foot out the door already - but I really do enjoy (most of) my job and in a way, it's nice to be back. Lots of interesting stuff going on.

I did, however, realize when I checked my online calendar this morning that I had a doctor's appointment last week that I missed. Oops. Seems I am now into the biweekly visits rather than monthly, and totally forgot about it. I will call up today and apologize but I'm not sure how this type of thing is handled - are they going to ding me for it? Can they do that when it's an OHIP-paid visit? (Or, as Chad asked, will they just confiscate the baby?)

9 comments:

Dawn said...

I love, love, love, this one!! If I didn't KNOW you were pregnant though I wouldn't be able to tell!! Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

The missed appointment thing happened to a friend of mine and yes, they confiscated the baby, but only after the second missed appointment. So, you get one freebie...don't let it happen again.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I had to leave a comment.... this photo is gorgeous. You are gorgeous! I wish I looked half as radiant when I was preggers. I just looked tired all the time. :)

megan said...

Carrie, the thing to do is apologize to Irma before she says anything. I have missed apts there before, Dr Baily won't even notice and Irma just likes to hear that you didn't mean it. If you ever miss an apt at Dr. Edwards be prepared to have your ear torn off.

megan said...

I just noticed that you are reading Oryx and Crake. Don't you LOVE it?

Carrie said...

Thanks for stroking my ego guys - I look at the photo and just think, I am soooo overdue for a haircut! (Except for you Megan - are you implying that I have to Photoshop the bejeesus out of myself to look good? (referring to your comment below!!))

I finished Oryx & Crake a couple of days ago and have to say... no, I didn't love it. I wanted to, but I just thought it was weird. I liked the whole genetic manipulation part of it, but I didn't think Oryx fit into the story at all. Sorry!!

And Andy, I appreciate the baby confiscation tip. I will be sure not to let it happen again.

megan said...

I was not implying that you photo shopped yourself, I know you in person and know that you are just that Noxema girl fresh. I thought it was pretty clear that I was saying I am not so lucky and would be willing to pay you so that my profile photo would be as pretty.

I am so sad you didn't like the book. I did tell you that all that stuff is based in truth, right? Oh well not everyone can be Atwood freaks like me.

Carrie said...

Don't get me wrong, I like Atwood, but I am more of a Cat's Eye type. Though maybe it's just the tormented childhood that resonates with me.

The Robiltons said...

tormented childhood? what?!? you're being ironic, right?