Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

We are 95% of the way there in terms of getting the nursery revamped for Little Miss. Her name is up on the wall (making the room off-limits to visitors!), the bedding has been changed out (some of it, anyway) and the closet has switched over from blue to pink. I am trying to restrain myself from shopping until I can sort through Sydney's hand-me-downs, but those items are still in Stratford and I'm still here with a little girl clothing itch that needs to be scratched. :) When I was in Toronto last weekend we received an early baby gift from Steph, Mike and Henry, which has also been unpacked and distributed around the room to further girlify it. I never thought I would be the type, but I am liking the way it all looks.

On the weekend we made a trip to London, and I found a few catch-all baskets with pink and green ticking liners to replace the blue hatboxes that were there when the room belonged to Liam. Stocking these baskets with Liam's old baby toys has piqued his interest in them again, and suddenly all he wants to do is stack rings and shake rattles. Another outcome of this trip was that we ordered a double stroller. It should be here in 3 or 4 weeks, which will be none too soon.

I'm still looking for some girly photo boxes, and also a new shade for the nursery lamp. If the green one here were available as a shade only (since the base is nearly identical to the one we already have), it would be on its way to our house in a heartbeat:All that's left is to decide what to do with the empty wall space - I am still undecided on ordering the prints I love versus doing a French memo board sort of thing.

Never fear, Liam is not left out. This week we finally ordered him a rug and a duvet cover for his new room, and got around to hanging a print on his wall. A memo board may work well in his room too; we can use it to corral all the artwork he brings home, if nothing else...

0 comments: