Thursday, January 11, 2007

O crib, I hardly knew ye

All week long I’ve been expecting Liam to revert to baby-dom and want back in his crib, but every night he marches into his new room and climbs into bed without so much as a backward glance. Finally last night I had a chance to move some more of his things over, and that included prying the wooden letters that spell out his name off the wall, with a heavy heart, and moving them as well. *sniff* It seems like just yesterday that we were putting them up. I’m glad that he’s adjusting to the change so well (and so far in advance of D-Day, so that hopefully there is no reversion), but where on earth did the time go?

I made the mistake of checking out a new book the library had on display this week, one devoted exclusively to decorating nurseries, one that was published in 2006 (not 1976, which seems to be the golden era of our local little library, judging by the amount of material that dates back that far). It does make me want to go buy a whole new suite of furniture and painting supplies. I’ll fight the urge; look how short a time Liam used the room – it still seems brand-new.

Anyway, with Liam 95% gone, the time is right to launch Project Frill. I may not be picking up any paintbrushes or selecting upholstery fabrics anytime soon, but I can get my fix in other ways. First steps: checking out the complete lineup of 3M adhesives for something that will get my finished letters up on the wall without ruining the paint; and stripping off the blue flannel crib sheet, to replace it with one in pink. Captain has moved into Liam’s new room along with him (spending both day and night curled up amongst the quilt and duvet), so I don’t think I’ll have to keep chasing him out of the made-up-but-unoccupied crib like I did before Liam arrived.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

awwwwww, it's sad isn't it watching them grow up so fast!! Glad his transition was a smooth one that he seemed to initiate!!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome the transition has gone so smoothly. I'm fearful of doing the same thing and yet, I think that time is coming near. *Sigh*
This, of course, coming from the mom who still has the mobile on the crib. Yes, she can reach it, but all she does is stroke the bears in their little butterfly costumes and say "pretty bear" "bfly bear" "so nice"

God help me, I'd better hurry up and get pregnant. :)