Thursday, January 04, 2007

Oh, the irony of it

This afternoon I found myself out shopping simultaneously for a potty chair, a new change mat and a new diaper pail (although I didn't pick up all three). I think the time is right to at least introduce Liam to the potty and get him used to the idea. I'm sure it will still be a while before he is fully trained... hence the need for the new change pad and diaper pail... to go in his new room. It seems like a shame to have to pick this stuff up with the hope of training him looming on the horizon; but I have also known plenty of 4-year-olds who haven't been toilet trained, so to think we're going to get there in the next month or so before he makes the permanent move to the new room is laughable at best.

If I have to satisfy my shopping urge with toileting products, then so be it, because I certainly won't be satisfying it with this auction. This is the Christmas tree ornament I saw in a Pier One catalogue and had wanted to buy for Little Miss. Originally priced at $10 US, marked down to $7.50 US after the holidays, I thought for sure I could get one on eBay for cheap. Ummm... not so much. I'm not sure what makes this thing such a hot commodity, but even with a few hours left in the auction I am pretty sure I won't be making a bid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! If I wasn't currently snowed in, I'd offer to check at our Pier One when I'm out running errands.

Can you call the Pier one catalog ordering department? sometimes they have a few of certain items left and you might be able to get it at a reasonable price.

Carrie said...

Unfortunately, the mail order thing is within the US only... here we are dependent on the retail outlets. I will keep my eye on eBay though; maybe by July, when Christmas is the furthest thing from everyone's minds, the prices will come down? :)