Friday, January 05, 2007

The first little trickle of success

This morning Liam peed on the potty. Never mind that he'd given me his poop cue and then peed instead; it was still a celebration-worthy event. I can see this being a very time-consuming process though. First he decrees that he has to go. Then we have to make it upstairs, with him lollygagging on each step. Then it's off with the PJs and diapers. Then he sits, and I read a couple of books to him while he thinks about it for a while and finally produces. We were late getting to the pool this morning as a result. I guess that's the sacrifice you make to hopefully get your kid out of diapers by the time he's off to college, right?

PS - this photo is for my dad, who said at Christmas that he thinks Liam is losing his red-headedness. Pictures speak louder than words. I think you're wrong.

5 comments:

megan said...

Last time I was at you house I noticed a bathroom on the main floor. I wonder if it works the same was as the one upstairs but only in a more convinient location for potty training :)?

Anonymous said...

Yay for peeing in the potty! We'd had some good success in that area - then the bug of the century hit and talk about a backslide. I'm getting ready to start the efforts again. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Yeh - but how old is the picture????

Carrie said...

Circa 2007!

Carrie said...

Oh yeah, and Megan - that might work - but then I need to move his entire library downstairs. Clearly still a problem!!