Monday, January 15, 2007

30 weeks

On the weekend I made a quick (up and back within 24 hours) trip to Toronto. This was a working trip (in the sense that I was doing some photos), so rather than subject Liam/Chad to six unnecessary hours in the car and banishment while I was trying to remember how much depth of field I would get at a given aperture (do they publish charts somewhere for use as quick reference?), I made the trip solo.

When I got home at 6 p.m. last night, Liam was having his nap. It seems that he has too much fun with Dad to take his nap at 1 p.m. the way he does with Mom. Either that, or Dad is just a big pushover!! It sounds like they had a great time together, between a breakfast at McDonald’s, time at Playland there and then an afternoon of football (Liam can actually identify a football game on TV and Chad said he really did spend some time watching the screen. I think Chad is proud but me, I am not sold on this being a good thing.)

After he got up from his nap, he was out of sorts for the rest of the night – he filled the tub full of bubbles and toys and then threw a fit when we went to put him in, etc. I expect it will be an early night for him tonight which will allow me some time to sort through the aforementioned photos. There are some great shots and some absolute stinkers, which I suppose is to be expected; I actually took the time last night to write down some pointers from what I learned from the experience. Thank you to the Hamiltons, because it was at your expense! – and I should have something to show you within the next day or two.

One more Liam story for you, because I still can’t get over this: on Saturday I was rummaging through the fridge before lunch, trying to find something for Liam to eat before going out for groceries, and I wondered out loud what to fix him for lunch – and Liam, not missing a beat, said clear as day: “Grilled cheese.” Maybe I should stop being so surprised when he understands and can engage in a conversation. Maybe I sell him short sometimes. Anyway, lucky for him, there were exactly two slices of bread left; and so we split a grilled cheese sandwich before heading to the grocery store.

0 comments: