Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to normal

Chad is back to work today and we are back to our usual routine: If It's Monday, We Must Go Grocery Shopping. Holidays are all fine and well, but there is something to be said for knowing what's coming next that I also enjoy. Lately I have been thinking a lot about going back to work. About 80% of me is dreading the day, for two reasons: one, of course I will miss the kiddos like crazy. But two, I fear that it's going to take me forever to catch up again, to remember what is what, to figure out all the changes that have occurred since I was there last. (Can I add a '3'? I have NO IDEA how we are all going to get out the door in the morning, since it took me til 10:30 to get us out to the grocery store today, and prepping for a full day away from home - well, it will just be that much harder.) On the other hand, 20% of me is looking forward to going back, simply because work is my normal and the sooner I go back, the sooner the uncomfortable 'new girl even though I've been here for 11 years' syndrome will end. This does not make my return to work sound promising, I realize, but just a couple of weeks ago, the proportions were more like 90%-10%. So I'm getting there.I have a bunch of stuff that normally I would post, and some administrative stuff (like updating links) to attend to, but still being in the midst of computer-switchover mode, I will leave it at just a few photos - we finally moved Mallory to a big kid car seat. She is actually in Liam's old seat, and he's been promoted to a new one.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the perspective and angles on those shots! Adorable.

It's not fun (or easy) getting 2 up, ready and out of the house in the morning, that is for sure. It takes a lot of preplanning and stuff done on the Sunday prior and the night before. I know you are great at being orgnaized and planning ahead so it shouldn't be too hard to snap into a routine.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder how moms get themselves and kiddos ready and out the door in time for daycare dropoff and timely arrival at work. I imagine a lot of it has to do with preplanning and keeping a supply of the basics at the sitters so you don't have to take everything, every day.

Good luck when the day comes. (hug)

Anonymous said...

Quick question for you, since you use the same site I'm now using and are more familiar with it. Is there a way to view hits and where they came from? I had that on blog-city and it was really nice. I could see how many hits a day and where they came from.

Carrie said...

Mandy, I use Sitemeter - if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can click on my counter to go to the Sitemeter page, and from what I remember they do a good job of signing you up to an account and detailing exactly how you insert it into your Blogger page. Then when you want to see where hits are coming from, you can click on your counter and scroll through all the individual hits.