Thursday, April 22, 2010

Springtime masterpiece

This has been a long week for us (though with a couple of back-to-back short weeks, ANY regular week is bound to feel long for us!) Chad was in Houston for a few days and I did an up-and-back trip to Toronto in a single extremely long day (thank goodness for Gramma and Grampa stepping in at the last minute, because I was supposed to be back home hours before I actually landed, and if it weren't for them then the kids would have been on the street.) I was out of town for the day again yesterday and then this morning, when I thought I was going to head into the office to catch up on things, Liam woke up with one eye crusted shut and bloodshot as all get out. Since pinkeye is making the rounds right now, I was convinced that that was what he had. But by the time we'd dropped Mallory off to Cindy and sat in the doctor's office for a couple of hours waiting to be seen, the eye had miraculously healed itself. (More likely, whatever had gotten in there to irritate it finally came out.) We got a just-in-case prescription for eye drops from the doctor who looked at me like I was nuts to have my kid there, and then we beelined home, I made Liam a lunch and put on some makeup, and then dropped him at school before coming in for what turned out to be a half day.

I need some time to catch my breath. And to sleep. And to watch Glee again (wasn't this week fabulous??)

(You can read the caption on Liam's latest masterpiece. The part that I like best, even better than the fact that Mallory is wearing her pink sweatshirt in this painting and Liam is wearing his green one, even better than the cement path we are walking along behind our house, is that Liam very carefully painted two Mallard ducks, a male and a female, as evidenced by their green and brown heads.)

0 comments: