Saturday, February 11, 2006

Finally - a Fun Day

Yesterday Liam and I finally got out for one of our much-fanfared Fun Days. I'm still bummed that I spent the first half of February hacking up a lung, but I'm determined to make the most of what time I have left since I am slowly on the mend. Liam, Megan and I went down to Windsor for the day and met Jennifer there so we could do some shoppin'. I'm hoping Megan, who documented our day, emails me some photos (I brought my camera but left it in the car) - when she does, I will share. Hint, hint, Megan. I have not gone shopping like this for ages and ages and ages - maybe it's the thought of being back on payroll that let me cut loose a little? I came home with a few back-to-work items for myself, and of course a few things for Liam... a cool orange hoodie and a ball cap... some jeans in the next size up... and then we went a bit crazy at Gymboree thanks to a great Baby Sale... Aunty Jenn treated Liam to this (with matching socks, no less):
As for me, I got him a little sumpthin-sumpthin that I'm trying to decide between dressing him in every day because I think it's so stinking cute and he'll outgrow it way too fast, and saving for a special occasion. Still haven't decided which way to go with it.

I needed all this retail therapy (and a yummy lunch out with the girls) after putting the final nail in the coffin last week and scheduling Liam's first few trial runs at daycare, and then calling my boss to announce my imminent return. There's no turning back now. March 6th will be here all too soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see the new outfit!!