Sunday, December 17, 2006

26 weeks

I warn you now: although you've convinced me that I need to keep this up, don't expect to see all of them; don't expect them all to look like this; and feed me ideas, puh-leeeeze!! This photo is along the lines of the ones I did for Liam, same concept, same backdrop, similar pose. Most of the ideas I have in mind for Little Miss are more casual, i.e. no backdrop, no set wardrobe sorts of shots. It's just that I only have 4 or 5 ideas and 13 photos to go.

In setting up this shot today, I realized that (a) I'm definitely chubbier than I was last time around (though I think I carried most of that into the pregnancy rather than being able to blame it all on Little Miss); and (b) the only way I am going to get these done is when Liam is napping, and when he is napping I don't have access to his room, which is the one room in the house that has great natural light. It figures.

Still, I do think that #2 deserves as much of what #1 has as possible. Even if the end result is less than perfect, I would still like to make the attempt (and it's hard to admit you're going to do something, already knowing you will fall short of your own expectations, when you have anal perfectionist tendencies). There is a framed shot of me pregnant with Liam on display in the house; I don't know that we will ever get there with Little Miss, but at least she will have the photos for her own perusal. And someday when I am one of those saggy apple-shaped octagenarians like you see in the changeroom at the swimming pool, I will be able to reminisce about how hot I was back in 2006. It's all relative.

Today the ticker at the bottom of the screen rolled over to double digits. 99 days and counting seems like a lot in some respects, but like nothing at all in others. I have a major project at work that needs to be finished before I take off, and after a short week coming up, I will only be back for 8 more weeks before calling it a year. Liam needs to be moved into his new room. Heck, I still need to find some way to clue Liam in as to what is going on. I think we're going to need every day we have left.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Let me be the first to say you look wonderful, beautiful, amazing and just as slim as with Liam............and I will get you some ideas too.......
check out my maternity page on my website, it's not much, but maybe you will get something, though I may have stolen all those ideas from you last time around! LOL!
www.dawnvanbruntphotography.com

megan said...

You won't be sorry!

Anonymous said...

I think the belly shots are for you more than they are for the baby. It doesn't matter what child is inside they will just be interested in how beautiful their mommy was when she was pregnant because it is something they won't get to see (or in Liam's case, remember) Don't pressure yourself and they will turn out great (how can they not, you're the one taking the pictures!) :)