Sunday, December 31, 2006

I may be wrong... but I really don't think so

Last week at my doctor's appointment, I mentioned to Dr. Bailey that our ultrasound revealed that we're having a girl. She gave me a big smirk and wrote it on my chart, and then said how much she loves recording these things for posterity just so she can watch it all fall apart when out pops a boy a little less than three months from now.

Aside from leaving me questioning her bedside manner and wondering if it's too late to switch doctors now, this did make me laugh a bit as I thought of what Chad would say if he had been there. He has also been hesitant to jump on the girlie bandwagon. (Maybe he is just holding out hope?) Every time I come home with something pink, he groans and says not to get too far ahead of myself. Such was the case a few days ago when I started working on a set of letters for #2's room. They are painted pink and decoupaged with paper in girlie patterns, and they cost a whole $3 each. I hardly think the situation will be unrecoverable should #2 indeed turn out to be a boy. Actually, several of the letters work for our boy's name, too; they could easily still be used. Well, maybe with a fresh coat of paint.

I am hanging onto receipts for that pile of pink stuff I have brought home (which so far consists of one blanket, one pack of onesies, one full outfit, one shirt and one pink crib sheet - oooooh, big spender!!). Should #2 turn out to be a boy, I will either return this stuff or pass it on to the next baby girl on the friends & family horizon. We already have a boy's name and all the boy clothes we could possibly need, so aside from some initial surprise, it will be business as usual. Whatever drama Dr. Bailey is waiting for... I don't think we'll be the ones to provide it.

(And, just to maintain a level playing field... we've also spent some major time this week working on Liam's new room. Photos of that to come soon, too.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the 'A' a hint?? The wheels are turning but I am well aware that the letter could have been pulled right smack from the middle of the name. Give a bigger clue! :)

Dawn said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the letter 'A'......without giving anything away, does her first name and middle total 11 letters???
**wink**.

Share where you found the letters too, I love the CHUNK and dimension to them, any I have found are anorexic looking!

Carrie said...

A bigger clue eh? I thought that was a pretty big one! hmmm...

As for the first and middle name totalling 11 letters - nope! I remember the first name you are thinking of but can't think of the middle anymore. Just goes to show how many different combinations we have been over in the past few months!

The craft letters are from Paper Source which I think is my all-time favourite store: www.paper-source.com. They are so easy to work with, and they are so lightweight that I think we may even get away with using some sort of tape or adhesive to stick them to the wall, instead of needing to nail them up.