Monday, December 11, 2006

Zoo animal update

Thanks for all your suggestions. I appreciate all the leads. Here is the bag of supplementary zoo animals that they seem to only sell in Australia (i.e. I could get it, but I would pay more for shipping than I would for the animals themselves):Here's the complete set, which sells here for $70. I bought just the zoo pieces with 5 animals instead of all 26 for $20. Surely I must be able to pick up a few more animals for less than the $50 difference?The big guy is the X-Ray fish - apparently he is hard to track down. Having said that, I found an eBay seller who's selling a lot of 19 'gently used' animals that's currently going for $9.95 US, and another seller who sells most of the individual animals for $7 US each. I will see if I can get the used set for cheap (I can Lysol these things, right?) and then fill in as needed from Mr. Extortionist Seller. (Now just cross your fingers for me that I don't get bid up by some overzealous parent who waited til the last minute to make Christmas happen for their little munchkin (gulp)). I'm not too worried about not having the complete conventional set for Liam, as long as there are lots of animals around. After all, this is the guy who likes to take the angel down from the perch above the nativity set stable, and replace him with the dog. Because, you know, the Christmas story isn't truly complete without a levitating collie.

2 comments:

megan said...

When the girls were very small I got addicted to the original fisher price little people. I made it my mission to get them all the toys I never had as a kid. You would not believe the amount of the stuff on e-bay and the prices!

Kelly said...

I must say Carrie, you are making me thankful that we picked the set up at Cosco when we saw it...for dare I tell you how much??? I am pretty sure we only paid $45.99 for the complete set.