Friday, December 29, 2006

A big ole' pain in the ass

This morning, Chad packed up the car and left us for a Boys Night Out. He is going to Toronto with some friends and family to see a Raptors game and kick back at a nice hotel. It's an annual thing they do and I totally don't begrudge him for going, really I don't. But in the meantime, here's what Liam and I have to contend with here: we packed up and walked down to the hospital this morning, registered in two different places, waited an interminably long time, and finally I got my second needle in as many days, the big bum shot. Sounds like fun, right? Not a big deal to some, but I'm not a fan of needles and especially not repeated needles. Gahhhh. We ran a few more errands before heading home, not that Liam minded that at all; because while I had the shots to contend with, poor Little Mister is just itching to get outside with his new sled, but as we all know, this is shaping up to be The Winter Whose Only Snowfall Came in October.

We are in the midst of the post-Christmas letdown right now. You know, when the house is a mess strewn with all those gifts you now have to find a place for, the cleaning has gone undone for far too long, and there are a million decorations to pack up and put away, which is not nearly as much fun as getting them out was. Liam is handling the letdown much better than I. He has more new toys than he knows what to do with and is thoroughly enjoying them all. I also have far more new toys than I know what to do with: I was thoroughly spoiled with photography gear this Christmas, gear that I am dying to get out to use, but I am feeling somewhat uninspired and haven't come up with plans for it yet. I also don't feel like I can get to the fun stuff until some of the cleaning up has been done. Good thing I have another week of vacation coming... I am totally not ready to head back to work as things are right now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you cough when you get the needle, you won't feel it, or so they say.......