Saturday, December 16, 2006

A bone of contention

Today I took Liam to get his hair cut again. It was starting to get really wild and I thought a trim in time for the holidays would make him more presentable.

It wound up going shorter than I had planned. I asked for it to be kept shaggy and over his ears, and mostly wanted to get rid of the beginnings of the rat tail in back and even it out. It is shaggy, it's still over his ears (at least when wet), the back looks good... but it's so stinkin' short!

Now that I am used to it, I like it. It both makes him look more grown up, and reminds me of when he was a baby. (How is that possible?)

Chad, on the other hand, is ready to freak, and has to keep reminding himself that it will grow back. He thinks it's too short and nerdy looking, and thinks I have gone and lopped off (a) all the curl and (b) all the red... with neither to resurface ever again.

Whatever. Like I said, I think Liam looks pretty darn cute. If you happen to see Chad in the near future, please be sensitive to the haircut issue and refrain from exclaiming over how short it is. Something tells me that next time Chad will be accompanying us on our trip to the salon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does look older but still adorable and in two weeks it probably will be all grown back.

The Robiltons said...

I agree - it's totally cute! It looks very little boyish.