Wednesday, October 17, 2007

For sale by owner:

One small redhead, female, 2 ft 3 inches, 15 pounds, like new condition. Answers to 'Mallory' but with some time and effort that can be changed. Likes: watching herself in the mirror, preschool-age boys, TV, chewing on anything and everything. Dislikes: most vegetables and sleeping!!

Seriously, I thought I was doing well, with Chad away. Mallory and I skipped playgroup again in favour of a nap. (I feel bad for her missing it so much, but it just seems that every Tuesday we are both dog-tired. I seem to have developed some afternoon insomnia though; I can't seem to sleep more than 20-30 minutes at a stretch during the day, which is definitely not enough.) I ordered some takeout from my favourite new restaurant (Thai) for dinner, and picked it up before we went to get Liam. He loved the mango salad and pineapple rice and ate a big dinner. After dinner we made some banana muffins, to kill time on a rainy day... and then it all fell apart. I was washing the dishes after making our muffins and suddenly noticed my feet were wet. Yup, big leak under the kitchen sink, water dripping down into the basement... the works. Called Chad's parents and interrupted their dinner with a request to come bearing a toolkit. The sink fixed, Liam went to bed OK but Mallory was up late, and then was up 4 times last night, including a long stint that went from about 5:30 - 6:45 a.m. - and she went back to bed just in time for Liam to get up and toddle into my room asking for Treehouse, Cheerios and the BBQ to play with.

I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel when I got Liam to poop on the potty this morning for the first time ever - but then despite me whooping it up for him, buying him some Gummy Bears on our walk as a reward and him assuring me he couldn't wait to do it again - he pooped in his diaper again after lunch, and when I went to change him I discovered that Mallory also had a blowout that required some serious cleaning and changing of clothes... poop, poop and more poop. And sleeplessness. Such is my life!!

(The whole potty training issue will surely be discussed at length here soon!)

(Yes, that was Chad you saw in the crowd on The Today Show twice this morning (I got one of the appearances Tivo'd). Today is probably my all-time favourite show, so it makes me happy that he took the time to go make an appearance for me!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take the little redhead.
Liam, congrats on using the potty for the first time.
Maybe you can try it tomorrow at Gramma and Grampa's house. I have gummis.

Dawn said...

awwwwwww, I'd take her, but the shipping might be a bit much! Wonder how much it would be for 15 pounds with air holes to NJ? LOL!

Congrats to Liam for being a super pooper!!!!!!

You need to post a sceenshot of Chad on Today! So cool!