Monday, October 29, 2007

What's new with us: Liam edition

I haven't been around a lot lately, and it astounds me to think of how much changes over the course of just a week. Liam, for example, has learned how to spit out his toothpaste rather than swallow it, so he has graduated to the big-kid variety that contains fluoride. He is going through a puzzle phase with a Noah's Ark puzzle that has 30 pieces; he does it about five times per day, and is amazingly good at it (though by now I know he just has it memorized). He is totally pumped for Halloween; there is a party at Cindy's tomorrow and he is so looking forward to it. He is becoming a challenging little dude to grocery shop with. Although he is very good at taking no for an answer, he does ask for everything he sees, and when we didn't get any treats at the grocery store (what with Halloween looming and all) he asked if we could stop at Bulk Barn, which he calls 'the snack store', on the way home. For some chips, he said. (Negative.)

Chad reconfigured Liam's train table during his nap yesterday, something we figured he would either love or hate (I had visions of him screaming "Put it back! Put it back!") He seems surprisingly indifferent. Another big thing of his right now is looking through the Sears Christmas Wish Book. I don't think he understands yet that he can ask for some of the things in there and they might actually show up on Christmas morning; but I know the whole world will convert to Christmas on November 1st (our house included) and he'll have plenty of time to catch on.

Hmmm... maybe there is not as much new with Liam as I thought when I first started this post. Well, Mallory will make up for that, and I'll get to her tomorrow.

(As I write this, I have just gotten off the treadmill and am wearing the same workout shorts that did me in last week. Yes, they have been through the wash in the meantime, but I still wonder if I am asking for it.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Car:
If Liam is "totally pumped" about Halloween, it may have something to do with some of the people he lives with!!