Monday, November 07, 2005

Feeling off

Another week has begun. This past weekend was not a stellar weekend for Liam - he seems to be fussier than normal for the past couple of days. Dare I pull out my old he's teething excuse again? - it certainly wasn't the problem the last few times I used it. On Saturday night he had his first official ouch moment, when he fell over in the zoo (Megan is the only one who will know what I mean by that) and hit the gate on the way down. He bumped himself enough to cry, but the resulting mark was gone before I could get the camera out, so it's not like a scarred-for-life deal by any stretch.

His spill reminds me of a trick I like to use when we are upstairs in his room. He's at such an awkward stage right now, where he hates lying down but I don't like to leave him unattended sitting up because spills still happen. So I have taken to putting him in his crib (sitting upright) when I have to leave the room, and this seems to be working well. I turn on the mobile and give him some toys, and he's happy to be sitting up; and if he tips, it's a soft landing. Here he is staring up at the mobile. When he watches it lying down he smiles up at it - when he watches it from a seated position, he is just in awe.

And, to answer some of the questions I've been getting lately: yes, Liam has a lot of orange clothes, and yes, he wears this shirt a lot. I do a load of baby laundry every couple of days so it always seems to be clean and at the top of the drawer. He is such a messy eater, and it is a simple enough shirt that it is easy to keep clean... know what I mean? I hate to put his cute little sweaters on him these days because he gets that goopy biscuit crap all over them and mashes it right into the yarn. Besides, I have to make use of the orange clothes while I can, before we get all decked out in the red holiday wear.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Do you have a breast feeding support pillow? Put it around him for the dashes out of the room...or if he is too grown up for that baby stuff..turn it backwards. But watch out, if he is like his cousin he will actually start to fling himself backwards intentionally to land on the pillow! If that's the case...get used to the bumps, there's going to be quite a few in his future.

megan said...

You will find that there will be new categories of laundry. I used to have darks, whites and colours. I now have entire loads of pink and purple. Put all the orange you want on him while you are in charge of what he wears. It is over sooner then you think

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures.
We were wondering about the orange shirt. He does look very good in orange though.

Dana

Carrie said...

I do have a pillow... which I use whenever it's handy... but with the whole house being hardwoods, I inevitably wind up somewhere without it from time to time. Even when I use it I wonder if I'm being dumb to walk away, in case he falls in the other direction - like, if he requires a trip to the ER, am I going to get an eyeroll from the nurses for having been so foolish?