Sunday, November 20, 2005

What our house looks like before the CBC rolls in



If anyone was planning to come visit anytime soon, I tell you this: the time is now. The floors are scrubbed, the laundry is put away, the candy bowls are full. All is well. The den is still a war zone, but at least it's confined to one room. (Megan can back me up when I say that the holiday decor was out before we got the phone call on Friday.)

Our interview this afternoon was a bit anti-climactic. It was very short, for one thing. The crew consisted of two producers and an energy efficiency expert. They took a tour of the house, asked a few questions, asked to see the water and gas meters and furnace, and that was pretty much it - in and out in 20 minutes. They spent only a very few minutes with the camera on. In the end, I guess it really didn't matter that I didn't get around to sewing the valances for our bedroom (which I (briefly) considered staying up all night one night to do), or that the den still looks unfinished, with the walls still bare and no rug. They didn't spend long enough in any one place to notice that....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare take ANY of the holiday decore down until at least mid January - I can't wait to see it (I'm sure there are additions since last year for baby's first Christmas!!)

megan said...

I was at the Cook's this morning and there was no candy to be seen, thanks Chad!