Friday, November 18, 2005

On its way to our house

In lamenting our lack of toys (which is crazy, because our house is simply overrun with primary-coloured plastic), I forgot that I recently made an acquisition. It's not here yet but it's on its way. What do you mean I didn't tell you about this Chad? I swear I did... :)

For some reason I have a thing for Fisher-Price Little People. Don't ask me why. I don't think I had any as a kid. But I also don't remember having any friends whose Little People I pined after. In fact, I think I have Adult Onset Little People Envy. Anyway, Chad and I had discussed getting Liam the Little People Zoo for Christmas, but thought he might be too young for it (since the age recommendation is 2+), and if he's too young to 'get it' but we have it sitting around the house anyway, will he be sick of it by the time he's old enough to use it? Long story short - we nixed the zoo. I was, of course, disappointed, having wanted to make an inaugural Little People purchase.

Then I saw this set and fell in love. It's not meant to be a gift for Liam, but I thought it very appropriate to get it for Baby's First Christmas; a nativity set that we can put out in the family room, one that he can actually play with. After I saw it online, I started looking into it, and there are crazy stories from last year about people paying five times what it's worth on eBay after stores sold out. In fact, it's currently selling on eBay for more than what it's worth retail, even though stores aren't sold out yet. This year's model is musical and has a couple of extra pieces that last year's set does not have (the hay, I'm told, is new. Lucky us!!) And, since I was getting the nativity set I decided to go all out, and got the add-on set as well:

Because really, how can you tell the Christmas story without some shepherds and an angel, and a few extra sheep, who can be used here with the nativity set and later on at the Little people Farm or Little People Zoo or Little People Noah's Ark, all of which may be in our future?

Hopefully Liam will enjoy gumming it all up this holiday season...

4 comments:

megan said...

I am so glad you got it, you will not be sorry! Another new Cook tradition starts! Can't you just see your grqandchildren all excited about helping you set it up (in about 35 years)?

megan said...

I showed Audrey the picture of the Nativity and her words were "ahh sweet, I want that"

Carrie said...

She can come over and play with it any time she wants. And, they're not sold out yet - I think you need a new nativity this year, don't you???

megan said...

Yeah that just what I need, another nativity.