Thursday, November 17, 2005

Swamped

Posting late again today, I know. The days have been getting away from me lately. I always seem to have so much else to do. Chad, who is genuinely busy at work these days, sees this and tells me to unload half of what I have on my to-do list and enjoy my free time while I can, since what's on the list isn't being imposed by anyone but myself (as compared to his deadlines, which actually are being imposed by higher powers).

Many things I do not do during the day, or only when Liam is napping, because I hate to stick him in his high chair or walker just so my hands can be free. He is still at an age where he plays better when he has someone to play with; most of his individual playing involves chewing on things, and how much fun can that be? I am feeling like the toys we have for him now are starting to wear a little thin. Do I need to worry about a baby getting bored? Some things, such as songs, he loves to have repeated. The toys, I'm not sure. I have thought about getting him some new things, but because his play is limited to chewing, would he even appreciate new stuff? Would it make his day any different? Once he starts doing more, it will be easier to pick out some stuff that he would enjoy. I have been reading more Penelope Leach lately, and the book is showing its age (~30 years). It recommends picking up everyday bits and pieces that you think your child would enjoy - a plastic bag, a piece of string - poor, poor examples by today's standards.

0 comments: