Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Finally

Coming home from playgroup yesterday, there was another huge parcel on the porch, leading me to once again believe the nativity set had arrived; to my dismay, it was merely more junk from Amy. Cease and desist, Amy!! Enough with your packages! But once we got inside, we saw that we also had a delivery notification slip from the post office; I went last night to pick it up, and after forking over an additional $7 to customs, I brought home the nativity at last. I don't know why I was thinking it would come in such a big box as these are Little People we are talking about after all. We all had fun setting it up on the coffee table and playing with it for a while after dinner last night. Yes, that is Chad inspecting the cart that the donkey pulls...

This is a bit of a change in routine for us; Liam is normally in bed by about 7, but lately he has been staying up later - last night it was past 8 by the time he went down. This messed up my attempt to get to the gym last night and is also cutting down on how much I can accomplish during the evenings; however, he has also been sleeping in a bit as a result (often past 7 a.m. as opposed to his normal time of about 6:30), so I shouldn't complain. And, this happened right as I have started to feel really run down lately, so the extra sleep is even that much more precious.

On today's agenda: we are off to interview our potential daycare provider. The interview was originally scheduled for last week, but she called to postpone, saying she had a couple of sick kids in her care that day and didn't want to pass anything on to Liam. Partly I think this was very considerate of her; partly I think maybe her house was just a mess or something and she came up with an excuse. We'll be going into today's meeting with our eyes wide open. :)

0 comments: