Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My heart swells with pride...


...for this man. You think I'm talking about Liam? No (for once), I'm talking about Chad. But first, let me set the scene. Chad has been a part of a football pool at work since forever. And he's never won it. He pumps money into it year after year, and then valiantly watches his teams get their asses kicked week after week. I don't know how he has the heart to do it, but he does. A few years ago, to make a point, I entered this same pool, and chose, for my picks, the exact opposite of the teams that Chad picked. (I know I repeat this story like crazy, but I just love it so much). Maybe you can guess the rest: how the Patriots won the Superbowl, and as a result I won the office pool and cleaned up. Despite not knowing the first thing about football. Anyway, fast forward to the fall of 2005. A few weeks ago - gasp - Chad actually won the week's pool. Not only did he earn back his entry fee, he actually came out a few dollars ahead! Imagine that! Well, I am here today to report to you, people, that lightning can indeed strike twice. After a nail-biter of a decisive Monday Night Football game last night (I couldn't even tell you who played who), Chad won again. We're just so stinkin' proud of him. And, we're thrilled by his new source of income. So much so that we went out shopping this morning, and Liam is now the proud owner of these:

Yes, I caved and bought the Robeez. It really is true: nothing else will stay on Liam's unusually-large-but-also-weirdly-stumpy feet.

Keep up the good work, daddy-o!! Mommy needs a new pair of shoes, too!

1 comments:

megan said...

Shoes? Or perhaps a cool new pair of boots to wear with this years flouncy skirts?