Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhnold

So I had a bit of a story to share today, but I am swamped again, and it's been a long day, and the story is only coming to me now in dribs and drabs. It had something to do with how I still find myself ogling Liam's little skinny legs whenever my face is in their general vicinity, finding it hilarious how knock-kneed he is and how much his build looks like Chad's at the same age, and still marvelling at the fact that his knees are so flat-topped and completely square when bent (how did I not know before that kids don't grow kneecaps til later in life?) So I was completely shocked, when faced with what appears to be delicacy and spindliness every day, to have grabbed his calf the other night in a bout of wrestling and to have found it to be a rock-solid piece of muscle. I mean, it put my poor, flabby, nowhere-near-its-former-glory body to shame. I was totally surprised by just how ripped the little dude is. I know his constant walks down to feed the ducks and bike loops around the basement and so forth all contribute, but it was still a shock.

Or something like that. It's late in the day. I can't really think straight anymore.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

so my kids don't have kneecaps? Really? Off to check.......

Carrie said...

They are born with soft kneecap-type things, but they don't harden into sticky-outy bones until ~ age 3 for girls and ages 4-5 for boys. Wikipedia backs me up. :)

Dawn said...

when I said check I literally meant check their knees......not your medical knowledge! LOL!! I have been telling everyone about kneecap-less children all day!!!

Carrie said...

I knew what you meant - I just got to thinking I should actually check that kids really don't have kneecaps before making a claim like that. It sure doesn't look like Liam has kneecaps but I shouldn't have made an assumption about all the other kids in the world without knowing for sure. :)

(As if Wikipedia is the be-all end-all of medical knowledge!...)