Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still swamped & throwing Megan a bone.

A few weeks ago I took a day off work and played blissful hookey with the kids. We started out at the pumpkin patch, then picked up a snack at The Snack Store (aka Tim Hortons) and spent the remainder of the morning at the park. If only all days could be like this.

And now, because I am swamped, I'm going to leave my photos in backwards order rather than arranging them all for you. I'm sure you can follow along anyway.

(PS - if you are still looking for apple recipes to try - the Apple Dumplings over at Pioneer Woman are UNBELIEVEABLE. The ingredient list is about as white-trash as they come, but the things come out like manna from heaven. Don't say I didn't warn you!!)






3 comments:

megan said...

Thanks, love the one of Mal in the bubble! Those pumpkins look huge, Sarah's? Did you see shes coming to the south side? Cannot wait!

Dawn said...

okay, Mountain Dew? I am afraid, very afraid. Can you send me a taste sample? LOL!

Who sat around one day and decided to pour Mountain dew over Crescent Roll wrapped apples? Really.

Rose said...

I've yet to make any of Ree's recipes that weren't really, really good. Her brisket became a favorite this summer, her enchiladas were to die for and we're making them again this week. The cinnamon rolls were good too (though too sugary to be in any kind of regular rotation for us).

I'm very tempted by the turnovers and trying to be good. You just aren't helping. :P