Saturday, March 20, 2010

Larger than life

I finally ordered my first big canvas. They are pricey, but there are a few good sales each year, and this time I was ready with an image when the sale came along. I adore this photo of Mallory and the canvas is just stunning. The next time I have one done I will need to get one of Liam.

The canvas company accidentally shipped me another person's canvas, too, and they don't want it back - I guess it would cost less for them to print a new one than to have me return-ship it to them. So I have a giant canvas of someone else's baby on my dining room table right now. I feel bad just throwing it out. I think I am going to keep the frame... I understand there are some places that sell unmounted canvas, so I might try ordering one of those (much less expensive!) and doing a homemade mount job.

Either that, or I have some firewood available, free for the asking.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!! Where will it live???? How big is it?? I also respect your attempts to find the rightful owner of the 'extra' one......Boo to the bitches over you know where!

Carrie said...

It's 20x24. Right now it's propped on top of the armoire in the living room and it looks great there, but it needs another (vertical) one beside it to balance it out. I'll let you know next time they run a sale. They actually just had another sale for St. Patrick's Day... so it might be a while... but they do them several times a year.

Yep, I caught some flak on the photo board for posting a photo I took of the other person's photo sitting in my living room. In my mind that in no way violates copyright, but whatever. Most people said if it were theirs they would appreciate someone tracking them down. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to find the rightful owner, though, so a bonfire it is. :)