Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Puppy

It's funny to think about the phases your kids go through sometimes. For months and months, Mallory was obsessed with imaginary blueberries. Specifically, hunting for them. "I need to find some blueberries!" she would say, then scrounge around and pick some invisible berries up. "Here are my blueberries!" She doesn't even like blueberries, so I'm not sure what the appeal was. Now that I think about it, I can't even remember when she stopped doing this. It's been a while.Her latest gig is being a puppy. When she is being Puppy, she starts panting to signal the transformation, and we indulge her by scratching her behind the ears and petting her head and asking what colour of fur she has that day. Usually, she is a big pink poodle. She's taken this one step further lately by asking us to play fetch with her. She uses her Sophie squeaky toy that she had as a baby, which, come to think of it, is a dead ringer for a real dog toy.Thankfully, there are still some days when she is not a puppy. She's just a little girl, sporting her princess mouse ears and using her magic wand to exercise some control over the world. And I like those days, too.

0 comments: