Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top o the morning to you, and the rest of the day to yourself

I dropped the ball a bit here. March 17 snuck up on me. Which is kind of a surprise, really, because the kids have been bringing home paper leprechauns and top hats and shamrock-splattered crowns for weeks and weeks, now. And yet somehow, St. Patrick's Day is upon us, and I didn't have green outfits ready for the kids to wear (even though Mallory has a brand new adorable little green springtime outfit; though I also want her to wear it for birthday pictures, and I'm a bit hesitant to let her have at it until then, lest she muck it up). I didn't have a box of Lucky Charms on hand for breakfast or make green shamrock-shaped pancakes. We have never (nor has anyone we know) done the whole 'visiting leprechaun' thing with green toilet water and chocolate coins being left for the kids... I'm guessing it's a regional thing. Still, I feel like I am a bit behind.Even though we've just come off a long weekend, and we're heading into a long weekend, things have felt chaotic at work and at home. Whether it's real or all in my head, I don't know. Liam has his second-to-last skating lesson tonight and while Chad takes him to that, I plan to swing by the grocery store with Mallory to grab a few last-minute items. I have most of what I need on hand to make our annual End of the Rainbow Parfaits. I can't let the day end without at least putting those together.

(There are no Shamrock Shakes anywhere in Ontario this year. Sniff, sniff.)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

the Leprechaun visited us!!!! complete with gold coins and green toilet water! LOL!

megan said...

I had one of those this morning!

Carrie said...

I assume you were in Michigan when this happened... if not then I need to know where you got it, pronto!!