Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm a scrapbook geek



... and I don't mind admitting it. I think I enjoy it because it combines things I love. Photography, writing, shopping for cool supplies (recollections of trips to the sticker store as a kid come to mind...) Being arts-and-crafts-y.

I was especially proud of myself yesterday for putting together this photo collage of Liam's first month. My picture hosting service cut it off and made it kind of screwy, but you get the idea. I was so pleased with myself that I had it printed 8x10 (only $3 at Zehrs and they will do it in matte - I am so mad at them for not offering matte services in smaller sizes!!) And yesterday I put together a scrapbook page about Liam's first month. Still working on it now in fact, since I am the slowest scrapbooker in the world. Everything has to be exactly right. Heaven forbid I glue something down or cut a sheet of paper and regret it later! I am pretty happy with how it's turning out except for one thing... I don't have the stickers I want to do the title. This is how most of my scrapbooking goes, in fact. Pages that are 95% complete but missing something - a title, something to fill the corner, whatever - because when I get going I always think, you know what would make this page perfect... this embellishment, that sticker, something I don't have. And I always think I will get it someday and finish the page... but I rarely do...

Megan tells me Liam won't care a whit about this book, because he's a boy. Girls love to have their baby scrapbooks and boys don't care. Well, maybe so. But in the meantime, I'm having fun.

0 comments: