Thursday, May 19, 2005

Me time



Funny how sometimes I am just dying to tend to my own stuff - let me have a shower! Something to eat! Read a book! Make a phone call! Tend to the garden! Do something adult! - and sometimes I am looking at Liam while he sleeps and wishing he would wake up so we can hang out. Rarely do we get in synch. Maybe someday.

He's sleeping right now, but Chad will be home for lunch soon and will no doubt wake him. He'll need to be fed and changed. This afternoon we're going to hang out with Gina and Lauren and I want him on his best behaviour (and being clean, dry, and full helps.) This morning I made a point of getting into the shower right away despite the fact that he was awake. He cried for a few minutes and then settled. Since then we've had a great morning, running errands, doing laundry, out for a walk. I'm wondering if the key is to get that shower in no matter what. No doubt it improves my mood not to be a walking dishrag, and I imagine that rubs off on him.

0 comments: