Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pork chop. part 2



Yesterday I took Liam to the Baby Weigh-In Clinic. He clocked in at a staggering 9 lbs 5 oz. We are fast closing in on that magic 10 lb mark (at which point many infants start sleeping longer between feedings - here's hoping he's one of them!!) Actually, last night he was only up for feeding twice as opposed to three times, and I honestly feel like a million bucks today. It makes a huge difference.

Today has been going well. He was up and alert and content for a couple of hours this morning, then went down for a nap at 10:30. I was able to run 3 miles on the treadmill with the monitor next to me, do some laundry, clean up the kitchen and get something to eat before he woke up at 11:30. I fed him and he's been sleeping for the last hour and a half since then. I am going to wake him up at 2:30 if he's not up on his own by then... when he sleeps in long stretches during the day, I pay for it at night!! I have cranked the thermostat up to 80 degrees as I want to take a few diaper-only pics of him and I know he won't cooperate if the room is too cold. A space heater seems like a good idea at times like this - we don't need the whole house to be sweltering. Oh well... Captain, at least, is happy!...

0 comments: