Thursday, July 14, 2005

The return of routine & the perfect scenario



We finally seem to have settled on a routine. It used to be awake all day OR sleeping all day, and unpredictable moods. (This was up until about six weeks.) Then it was either five short naps a day or two long naps a day. And still some crying. Still some overtiredness. Now we have figured things out and when Liam naps - almost like clockwork - at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., I know exactly what to expect out of him. And those are the days when I can plan our activities perfectly. He wakes up, I feed him and change him, play with him for a while, then take him out to run several errands. And when I time it perfectly, he loves every minute of every outing, and then falls asleep in the car on the three minute drive home (hey, this is small town living). This is what I see just as I am unlocking the back door at home. These are good days.

1 comments:

greg8370 said...

congrats!