Sunday, July 24, 2005

Thanks for the memories



So this is what I get for spending some me time away from home yesterday. I come home and this is what I find. Chad has dressed Liam like a gangster and they are watching the Tour de France. Chad is educating Liam on the finer points of the race - what the peloton is (main pack), how it's a gentleman's race so nobody will challenge Lance Armstrong en route to the finish line today, etc. And he has loaded the camera with a memory card and taken about twenty pictures of Liam. Which he never does. Because he thinks I already take too many. :)

So yes, indeed, we are currently watching the 21st and final stage of the Tour - why I don't know, since we already know the outcome. The first couple of hours is fairly boring as they leisurely pedal along, sipping Champagne, but I am looking forward to the laps they do around the Champs Elysees at the end. We must have walked the entire length of the Champs about six times when we there last fall (when Liam was just a wee speck!) We shuffled back and forth from the Arc to the obelisk and Tuileries several times, ate many lemon tarts at bakeries along the Champs when I couldn't stomach something more nutritious, and on our last night there we had dinner at the brasserie Bistro Roman. I'm looking forward to seeing those sights again.

And then... the OLN is rerunning the very first season of Survivor immediately following the Tour. And I'm looking forward to that, too. I think it will be interesting to look back and see what the game was like before people were chanting alliance before they even hit the beach.

Good thing it's a rainy day today. Lots o' television in our futures.

0 comments: