Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just beat me over the head with it

I was just scrolling through my archives here, and finally found what I was looking for in the post from August 23rd. That day I wrote about how Liam hadn't been sleeping well so we finally added another layer onto him and boom - he slept through the night once more.

After almost a month of him being up at night again, we finally thought to pull out a little sleep sack thing we have and bundle him up in that at bedtime last night. It probably will not come as as much of a surprise to the rest of the world as it did to me that he slept through again. Good grief, I feel inept sometimes. In my defense, this kid has been wearing a short sleeved onesie layered with a long sleeved, footed sleeper to bed, and is then covered by (a) a two layer flannel blanket (thanks, Aunt Jenn!), (b) a blanket my grandma crocheted and (c) the quilt that came with his bedding set, which is pretty heavy. So how on earth am I supposed to know that he is still cold??? Two nights ago when he was up, he had kicked off the blankets, and that's when the heat issue occurred to me - but lately he has done surprisingly well at keeping the blankets on. And still he's cold. Meanwhile, I go to playgroup and everyone is talking about how the minute you put a blanket on a baby, you're going to kill them. (You can feed them KFC gravy at two months, mind you, but the blanket will kill them!) I can't win...

We'll see over the next few nights whether this sleep sack is the answer or whether it was just a fluke. The bad news is that the sleep sack barely fits him right now - it's rated to 21 pounds, but at 16.5 pounds he is nearly out of room. Kelly, if you're reading this, would you mind telling me where you found your larger-size sleep sack again? If this is the answer then it's a small price to pay to once again have a solid night's sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grobags...I know you can buy them at Once Upon a Child...not sure where else. Here is the website for you to check out (www.grobag.ca). Our house is, in my opinion, arctic cold at night & Sydney seems to be keeping warm enough. She does get ticked at her inability to move around as much.

Anonymous said...

We can really see Chad in this picture.