Tuesday, October 25, 2005

One Hour Photo

We spent part of Sunday night flipping between this movie and Desperate Housewives on TV. For those who haven't seen it, One Hour Photo stars Robin Williams as a psycho photo lab worker who gets a little too wrapped up in the lives of one of his customers (which he learns of by viewing all the photos they bring in for processing). He spies on the family, daydreams that he's part of it, etc. and finally snaps (I won't spoil too much here). I always maintain that there is no such thing as too many photos but this movie (briefly) made me stop and reconsider!... I have taken just over 9,000 photos to date with our current camera - maybe 2,000 of those before Liam and the rest since. Of course, digital photography does make you a little more fast and loose with the camera than film. And I am pretty good about deleting multiple copies of the same shot once I've chosen the best one. At any rate, if there are any psycho employees at Black's or Zehr's, I'm pretty sure that all they know about us is that we are the family that used to take one fantastic trip each year, we used to have an orange and white cat but that cat hasn't been in any pictures for a really long time so maybe something has happened to it - and, oh yes, here is a day-by-day account of the growth and development of a darling little boy.

Yesterday afternoon we went over to Autum's for a little playdate. Took the kiddies out for a walk, and then got to check out all of Autum's toys. It is pretty cool having a friend who both (a) lives so close (within walking distance) and (b) has a baby so close in age to Liam. Before the playdate, we went out running errands and I tried to find Liam a cold-weather hat (i.e. something woolly or fleecy, with earflaps) but do you think I could find one? Noooo... even though the snowsuits, etc. are out... So last night I started knitting my own - not sure whether I will be willing to let him wear it in public when it's done though, that remains to be seen. We also did go to Canadian Tire to buy that rug yesterday - got it home, unwrapped it, rolled it out, and sure enough it is too stripey for the den. So now we have to package it back up and schlep it back to the store, which will be no small feat. Should have trusted my instincts.

{In these photos, Liam is chewing on the centre 'pole' piece of those stacking rings that come in graduated sizes... he has not yet figured out the stacking, but certainly enjoys the chewing...}

2 comments:

megan said...

You know it will not be long before you are going to have to do something about the top of the stairs. From the pictures it seems Liam spends much time playing in his room. Soon he wil flip over and make a be-line for danger the second your back is turned.

Carrie said...

There's a baby gate in the basement just waiting to be used!...
But he doesn't seem to show any interest in going anywhere yet - I know I need to watch him, but I still think it will be a while.