Friday, October 07, 2005

Why I'm glad it's TomKat not TomCar

Pretty much every woman my age grew up believing (or at least dreaming) they would someday marry Tom Cruise. Well, thank goodness that day never came for me. I'm sure you've probably heard by now that Tom and Katie are expecting a baby, but did you also know that as a Scientologist (or at least the fiancee of one) she is not allowed any drugs at all during labour and delivery? This would not be quite so bad - I am hardly a stoic person and even I survived without an epidural - but there is also no noise permitted when the baby is born. I mean, she can't be moaning or screaming her head off, she can't be watching TV or listening to music... nothing. And I tell ya, watching a good episode of The Amazing Race really helped to make my 23-hour labour feel a lot more like it was only 22 hours long.

Poor girl. I wonder if she's feeling so smug now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One 5 hour drive to Oshawa and I miss the biggest news of the year! I cannot believe they didn't interupt our radio listening to report this earth changing news. And I always thought he was a combination of a gay/impotent/blank shooting narcisist. I am actually still not convinced otherwise.

Darin & Jenn said...

WHAT!?? Korea is way out of touch! (however, Hootie and the Blowfish having a new album was reported in the national paper!) I guess she is not really "saving herself" like she says she is. Poor girl. I wonder if she has seen the Tom Cruise Is Nuts website yet?

(he was dreamy in Top Gun, I'll give him that!)