Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Three Sons

Although I’ve always thought I would wind up with a house full of boys/sons someday, I didn’t think that day would come this soon, with me only having given birth to one of them. But I do often feel like I have three little guys in the house that I am responsible for. And the ones that I am not officially ‘responsible’ for, I still need to pick up after if I am to have any shred of sanity left at the end of each day. I won’t go into gory details about Chad here, since (a) with my luck, today is the day he will log on and (b) I am humble enough to know that he has a hit list of things that I do to drive him batty, too. And, well, I did expect Liam to come with an awful lot of upkeep. But good grief, the maintenance that Captain is requiring these days is just ridiculous. A few nights ago he came strolling into the nursery around 3 a.m. as I was wrapping up an incredibly bleary-eyed feeding. And the smell of lemon on him was overwhelming. Further investigation revealed that he had been involved in an incident with the dish soap bottle on the kitchen counter and was now head-to-toe sticky and sudsy and smelling lemony fresh. A couple of days later, too tired to cook, I made a frozen grilled chicken pizza for dinner. Chad wanted to eat a little later and I foolishly left his half unattended on the counter for a few minutes. Yes, Captain proceeded to pick off all the chicken, cheese, and red peppers (???) leaving Chad just the sauce and crust. And did we learn from that? Nooo. Dana sent us home with Thanksgiving leftovers on Sunday, turkey for Chad and squash for Liam. You can guess the rest: how Captain managed to find it on the counter and even open the package; how he proceeded to scarf half of it down. Chad managed to salvage a bit of it but there were dagger tooth marks in most of it so into the trash it went (sorry, Dana.) Well, at least there is still squash left for Liam.

4 comments:

megan said...

You know what we did when the cats began to be a problem.

Anonymous said...

Three pretty nice guys if you ask me. Captain sure is being a pain.
Too bad about Chad's sandwich.

Anonymous said...

I think my Emily is in love with Liam. She sits on my lap while I'm on the computer sometimes (what? like you've never done it? ha ha) and always seems to enjoy his pictures.

He's still available, right? ;)

Carrie said...

Mandy and Emily! Wow, hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. We miss reading your entries (but understand that life definitely gets in the way sometimes. :) )