Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Not biased at all

I'll preface this by stating two things.

1. I do not normally watch Canadian Idol. No, really, I don't.
2. When my maternity leave started, before Mal was born, I spent many hours watching A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby and other such shows - kind of like the highschool football team listening to We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions before the big game. In seeing so many new little babies, I was struck by how many Asian families were naming their little ones Liam. What's the connection between an Irish name and an Asian background? Beats me.

Anyway, I saw this on Canadian Idol last night, and my prediction is for this guy, Liam Styles Chang, to win. He was pretty good. Check him out.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Okay, I watched Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby too and I have to say I noticed the same thing. And Liam was actually the backup name we had if Aiden didn't look like an "aiden". Luckily he did though. :-)

Carrie said...

I'm glad someone is corroborating my story. I hoped I wasn't stating something, um, politically incorrect in my observation!!! :)