Thursday, June 07, 2007

A year in the life

I said ages ago that I would get around to posting some pages from my trading card album. Well... promise kept. This is my favourite project that I have on the go right now. It's a year in the life album for Mallory. The idea is that I take a photo a day of her (or something like that - I am probably averaging around six photos per week - there are a few extra photos from the day she was born, but I am otherwise trying to be faithful to one per day) and have them all arranged chronologically. I saw these trading card pages, which fit into a standard 8.5x11 binder, ages ago, and wanted to come up with a way to use them. Use found! I label each week's 'milestone' photo, and intersperse them all with assorted odds and ends. Some little mini scrapbook page-type things; snippets of cards we've received for her, and wrapping paper bits from some of her gifts; her hospital ankle bracelets; some of my favourite baby quotes and passages from childrens' books. Anything that will fit into a 2.5x3.25 inch pocket, really. I put maybe 5 or 6 photos on each 9-pocket page and devote the rest to decorative odds and ends.
I am so enjoying putting this together. It takes all of 5 or 10 minutes to do an embellished piece, which makes it manageable, but it lets me indulge in girly papers and stickers from the scrapbook store, and it satisfies my innate need to cut and paste (one aspect of traditional scrapbooking that I really do miss).
Now I just need to wait for an appropriate scrapbook call that I can submit this for!!

0 comments: