Thursday, December 08, 2005

Because it was Wednesday

...we went to the library yesterday morning. I have not spent so much time in the library for years, and I'm beginning to think I should never leave. They just have so much there. Not only books, but music - we actually checked out some kids music CDs - and movies - Liam is still a little young even for A Charlie Brown Christmas, but I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yet and nearly checked that out myself. (Then I decided I probably should not have my own little movie marathon while I am supposed to be watching Liam). In the Children's Room they also have a big activity table and things to do with the kids (again, once Liam is a bit older). Right now they have a Christmas card-making station set up. I can't wait to bring him back once he's older. Chad asked whether Liam has his own library card yet. The answer is no - he can continue to use mine until he is old enough to want his own card - to which Chad replied, well then, why do we do things like take him to parades - he is not old enough to WANT to do that... I had no idea that going to these parades was cramping his style so much...

In other news, Liam and I are going to be on Funeral Watch tomorrow. We have lost our third neighbour this year (I'm glad things happen in 3's - maybe that makes the rest of us safe for a while...) Our 95-year-old next door neighbour died in March, and then last week it was the elderly woman who lived directly across the street. Now, it's the terminally ill man who lived three doors down, and we've been asked to monitor the residence during the funeral to deter would-be thieves (the second time this year we've had such an honour). We are supposed to get a whole schwack of snow tonight so hopefully that will keep the thieves home in and of itself... I am not sure how a wimpy SAHM and baby are supposed to overpower a pack of nimble crooks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Chad doing asking about a library card?? I didn't think he even knew what a library card was. Maybe there is hope for him yet.

megan said...

Our girls have library cards but have yet to read (or have read to them) all of the books we own, it's never too early.