Friday, December 02, 2005

Redemption, sort of

Maybe it was December that I needed. Maybe I was trying to do the holiday thing too soon. Maybe it was just that a 'perfect storm' of sorts happened yesterday: we were making the drive home from the pool, it was snowing, we were listening to the all-Christmas radio station that broadcasts from Detroit at this time of year, and singing at the top of our (my) lungs (Liam is mercifully accommodating). Whatever it was, inspiration hit. I came up with more ideas for Liam's stocking. Good ideas. Great ideas, even. Had to write them all down before I forgot them again. Liam even has two stockings this year: a Baby's 1st Christmas stocking that I couldn't help buying when I saw it, and a beautiful handknit personalized stocking from my sister's in-laws. I may even have enough material now to stuff both, and stuff them well (though, yes, the babyproofing gear will still be going in).

Sadly, I don't know why this doesn't extend to Chad's stocking. (Stop reading now, Chad.) Why am I still so uninspired? Why are men so hard to buy for? Not just stocking stuffers, but everything. I had a couple of good ideas for Chad. Then, after they were taken care of, he added them to his list - i.e. I don't get credit for those being original ideas anymore. Only 23 more days...

PS - I'd also like to extend a public apology for blaming Liam's book aversion on 'Cook genes' - because we all know that Darin is living proof that the reading gene is living strong in the Cook family tree, just not our branch of it!...

1 comments:

megan said...

I so kmew you were going to get called on that book thing!